13/08/2015

DR. DRE & ICE CUBE COVER ROLLINGSTONE

dr dre ice cube rollingstone
With the NWA biopic Straight Outta Compton and the accompanying soundtrack  made by Dr. Dre in focus these days, the main stars Dre and Ice Cube grace the cover of Rollingstone’s last issue. Below are some excerpts but you can read morehere.

Dre on not releasing Detox:
“I had between 20 and 40 songs for Detox, and I just couldn’t feel it. Usually I can hear the sequence of an album as I’m going, but I wasn’t able to do that. I wasn’t feeling it in my gut. So I really thought I was done being an artist.”
Dre addresses the 1991 incident when he assaulted TV host Dee Barnes, as well as recent charges of physical abuse by his Nineties girlfriend Michel’le:
“I made some fucking horrible mistakes in my life,” says Dre. “I was young, fucking stupid. I would say all the allegations aren’t true – some of them are. Those are some of the things that I would like to take back. It was really fucked up. But I paid for those mistakes, and there’s no way in hell that I will ever make another mistake like that again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment