24/04/2015

Taylor Swift Raps Young Buck’s ‘Shorty Wanna Ride’ While Receiving Her ‘Shorty Award’

taylor buck
We all know Taylor Swift is a huge fan of Rap music but she really does know her stuff.
Two nights ago, Emily Kinney presented Taylor Swift Web with the Shorty Award for Best Fansite at the 7th Annual Shorty Awards in New York City. Taylor wasn’t available in person so she sent the audience a recorded video message. As excited as she always is, she started rapping Young Buck’s 2004 hit ‘Shorty Wanna Ride‘ in her acceptance speech.
“I did not understand what the honor was for. Now I understand it’s because you guys have been unbelievable on social media, and I’m really happy about that. My second thought, just for the record, was ‘shorty wanna ride wit me, ride wit me, we can get low!'”
A few years ago, Taylor admitted being a Buck fan to Vibe magazine:
“I love hip-hop! The first song I memorized was ‘Fireman’ by Lil Wayne. Ever since then…it’s Nicki Minaj, Wiz Khalifa. When I was in high school, my boyfriend and I would drive around and he’d always point to this neighborhood where [rapper] Young Buck lived. We would drive and look at his cars and be like, ‘Oh my gawd! Those cars are so cool! I wonder if he’s in there!'”
Buck is aware of Taylor rapping his hit song as you can see from thisInstagram post.

No comments:

Post a Comment