22/12/2014

Asher Roth – ‘Be Right’ (Feat. Major Myjah) (Video)

be right video
Asher Roth wraps up 2014 with a new video off his indie album Retrohash where he reflects on some of the moments which led to his growing up in the industry. Peep the video for the Blended Babies-produced ‘Be Right’ below.

Growing up is craaaaazy.
The other day while I was looking at Olivia’s Christmas tree I couldn’t tell whether it made me really happy or super sad. Obviously Christmas doesn’t have the same effect on me as it did when I was a child; when Santa was for real for real and my entire year revolved around Dec. 25th. Now, like for most grown ups, the approaching end of year is a time of celebration but more so a reminder that time is cruising by.
I’m proud of everything I accomplished this year. I cut myself out of the web of major label responsibilities, released my first independent record, ‘RetroHash’, and learned invaluable lessons in the process. Thinking back on the years leading up to this one, I realize how much I have grown. I’m talking utter transformation. From the early recordings at Larry Gold’s studio in Philadelphia to the foolishness that occurred at the Greenhouse in Atlanta. From eating exquisite appetizers in New York City to letting the golden locks flow in California. It’s like I’m an entirely different person! Rather than pine over passing time, I decided to celebrate the transformation in the video for one of my favorites off RetroHash. Check out the Be Right video and join the celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment